Pages

2008-04-16

Pork rib eye

I know that beef rib eye is a very good part, juicy and tasty. When I saw fresh pork rib eye, I took it for granted, even the cashier said it was such a nice rib.

I divided the rib into four portions and froze three of them. The rest, I shredded it and stir-fried with veggie. My hubby tried one and asked me:" When did we buy this beef? It was overcooked." Er...

Later, I stewed another two portions, but stilled felt disappointed -- too dry, too chewy.

This made me frustrated, I had no idea how to handle the last portion.

There might be no enough moist in stir-frying and too much moist in stewing. So, the only thing I could try is using a little bit water to cook this rib, providing some moist but avoid overcooking.

The result came out pretty good, the meat was juicy and tender, with a pleasant flavor of five-spice.

(1) Rinse rib eye and dry with paper towel.

(2) Season with 1 tsp five-spice powder and some dark soy sauce, and keep in the fridge.

(3) In a 2 qt. pot, add some oil, heat under medium power.

(4) Brown rib eye.

(5) Add marinade left in the container to the pot, and add about 1/4 cup water.

(6) Cover the pot and let it cook under medium power for 15 minutes.

(7) Turn rib over, and cook for another 15 minutes.

(8) Add 2 tsp salt and 4 tsp sugar, blend well, and cook for 30 minutes.

(9) Turn rib over, continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 140-150F.

(10) Transfer rib to the cutting board and let cool 5 minutes.

(11) Thinly slice rib eye and drizzle sauce on, or use sauce for dipping.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails