This bread tastes very soft and I like the pleasant flavor of virgin olive oil.
(1) Sprinkle 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast in 1/4 cup warm water, let sit until foamy.
(2) In a large mixing bowl, add 3 cup all purpose flour, 5 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt; blend in yeast solution and then add 3/4 cup water.
(3) Knead to form a smooth and elastic dough.
(4) Transfer dough into a lightly greased stainless steel bowl and air-tightly wrap with plastic wrap; let ferment in the fridge overnight.
(5) Place dough at room temperature until it becomes warm.
(6) Press gas out and divide it into eight portions, round each portion and place on a lightly greased baking pan and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit aside until double in bulk.
(7) Preheat oven to 400F.
(8) Gently cut "cross-hatch" on the surface and lightly sprinkle with all purpose flour.
(9) Bake for 30 minutes or until bread is golden-brown in color.
(10) Let cool on wire rack.