Pages

2008-12-25

Christmas Eve

We were invited to join the Christmas Eve dinner party with my friends’ family. My hubby picked three little gifts for the lovely kids. What cute eyes! Kids were very excited:

christmas eve 02


A happy bee:

christmas eve 03

And I brought my favorite dessert Gâteau au chocolat. In my eyes, this is a perfect dessert for Christmas -- deep dark chocolate taste, topped with snowy icing sugar and kinda fudgy moist. The other pleasure is preparing the dessert, especially melting butter and chocolate, what wonderful smell and silky color. Oh, I really love this moment.


christmas eve 01

My friend and her two girls one boy worked together on the Bûche de Noël, a soft and moist cake roll with creamy chocolate and decorated with white mushroom (made of almond powder). And the table was so warmly set, with different kinds of beautiful candles. I felt happy on lighting those candles, romantic job.

The dinner was wonderful, juicy turkey, mashed potato, beet, brussel sprouts, cranberry sauce and gravy. Everyone had a gift hiding in the cracker, and motto of course. Wearing the paper crown and enjoying the dessert is such a happy thing. Kids were busy tracking Santa.

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails