This biscotti is one of my favourite cookies. In such a cold winter, sitting in the soft warm sofa, dipping biscotti in hot dark chocolate, enjoying the additional cocoa flavour and crunchy almonds -- What a life!
Well, stop daydreaming :P, let's bake!
(1) Beat 2 whole eggs and 1/2 cup sugar until whitish-yellow in color and thick in viscosity;
(2) Beat in 2 tbsp oil until well combined;
(3) Combine 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour, 3/4 tsp baking powder, 1 pinch salt, 1 tbsp cocoa and whisk into beaten egg, blending with rubber spatula to form a sticky ball (don't over work);
(4) Preheat oven to 350 F;
(5) Gently fold 1/2 cup crunched almond into the batter until just blended;
(6) Wear disposable gloves and line baking pan with parchment paper;
(7) Divide the batter into two portions and place them on the baking pan, form each portion into loaf (about 15 cm long, 3~5 cm high);
(8) Bake for 25 minutes and remove baking pan from oven, cool for 10 minutes;
(9) Transfer the two loaves to a cutting board and cut into 1 cm thick pieces with a serrated knife;
(10) Place cut pieces with one cut side up on the baking pan and bake for 8 minutes;
(11) Flip all pieces over and bake another side for 8 minutes.
(12) Cool them on a wire rack;
Biscotti can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for quite a long period.