Mmm, our favorite way to cook pork -- only add soy sauce, brown sugar, salt, green onion and ginger; simple but extraordinarily delicious. We serve it with white rice and green vegetables. Really have a good appetite :)
(1) Dice about 3 lb pork shoulder, rinse and strain;
(2) In a saucepot, add 2 tbsp oil, heat under high power;
(3) Add pork dice, stir until pork turns to brown in color;
(4) Add 1/4 cup rice wine or sherry, stir until water fully evaporate and melted pork fat is clearly separated;
(5) Strain to remove melted fat, place pork back to the pot;
(6) In a hot pan, heat under medium power, add 6 tbsp brown sugar, stir until aroma develops;
(7) Blend brown sugar with pork dice immediately;
(8) Add 6 tbsp dark soy sauce, 2 tsp salt, 2 cup water, 3 white part of green onion, 3 slices of ginger root, combine well, and bring to boil;
(9) Stew for 1 hour under low power;
(10) Switch to medium power, gently stir while concentrating sauce.
For leftover stewed pork, steam but not reheat in microwave oven.