Pages

2008-03-28

First capture from microscope



Very very excited today -- I got my first capture from microscope.

This reminds me of my middle-school experiment of onion skin cell, using an old style microscope, with only one lens, and of low resolution.

That's twenty years ago. Microscope was very expensive and always kept in wooden box with lock. My teacher put the box on the counter, opening the box and our eyes were sparkling.

At that course, we were taught to observe onion skin cell, and the homework was to draw the cells we saw via microscope.



Now, the whole world changes a lot.

The microscope in my lab is very complicated and advanced, and even with a camera.

I eventually got focused on the target, which is a thousand-year-old plankton.

Here it is, my first shot, Cool!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails