This is an Italian bread, which reminds me of the movie named "Godfather". I have no idea why I associate them together...can't help doing though.
(1) Sprinkle 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast in 1/4 cup warm water, let stand until foamy;
(2) Blend 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour;
(3) Add 3/4 cup warm water, 5 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt and 2 tbsp chopped rosemary;
(4) Mix ingredients well and then knead into a smooth and elastic dough;
(5) Transfer dough ball into a slightly greased bowl, air-tightly cover with plastic wrap, let dough rise in a warm spot until doubled in bulk;
(6) Punch down the dough to remove gas;
(7) Cover dough with damp cloth and let it rest for 15 minutes;
(8) Halve dough and roll each dough into a 11-inch-long loaf, gently twist dough to create contours, then tuck ends underneath;
(9) Transfer to a floured baking sheet;
(10) Cover dough with damp cloth, let it rise for 30 minutes;
(11) Preheat oven to 400F;
(12) Dust loaf with 1 tbsp all purpose flour (with a sieve);
(13) Bake for 30 minutes or until golden in color;
(14) Let cool completely on the wire rack before slicing.