Today, I serve a dinner with dark sauce -- pork rib in dark sauce and spaghetti as well.
And this dark sauce is a little bit spicy, which brings a different taste. I love it!
Firstly, prepare pork rib.
(1) Rinse pork rib and cut rib into one section one rib only.
(2) Soak small ribs in cold water, and change water several times to remove blood.
(3) Dry ribs with paper towel.
(4) Marinated sauce: 7 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Sriracha Chili Sauce, 2 tsp salt and 7 tbsp dark soy sauce.
(5) Marinade ribs in the sauce overnight (in the fridge).
(6) Sprinkle some oil into a skillet.
(7) Under medium heat, bring skillet to hot, and turn skillet to make oil evenly cover the bottom;
(8) Place ribs in the skillet (meat side down), cover and let it cook under medium-low for 20 minutes.
(9) Remove cover, condense sauce and turn ribs to make them well wrapped with sauce.
(10) Transfer ribs to the plate.
(11) Discard oil from dark sauce left in the skillet.
(12) Pour marinated sauce left in the container to the skillet, and mix them well (to be used in spaghetti).
Now, let's make spaghetti in dark sauce, very special, eh?
(1) Cook spaghetti in boiling water for 10 minutes.
(2) Discard hot water and rinse cooked spaghetti with running water.
(3) Heat skillet with dark sauce under medium power and bring it to boil.
(4) Add cooked spaghetti and stir until sauce is fully condensed.
(5) Stir chopped green onion into spaghetti to develop aroma.
(6) Transfer spaghetti to a plate or bowl.
For recipe of the yellow dish in the background, please see: