For my tips on how to preserve asparagus, please visit: How to keep asparagus fresh
(1) Rinse asparagus and trim off tough ends;
(2) Cut asparagus into three portions; halve the thick portion lengthwise, but don't break the delicate part;
(3) In a skillet, add chicken stock (about 1 cm deep) and 1 tsp salt, bring to boil;
(4) Place in asparagus (one layer only, don't stack), cover and simmer for 3 minutes under low heat, and transfer asparagus to a plate;
(5) Repeat until all asparagus has been cooked;
(6) Whisk into 2 tbsp tapioca starch, condense the sauce;
(7) Drizzle sauce on mushroom and asparagus, serve immediately.
Asparagus looks very fresh, doesn't it?