This braised chicken leg tastes so wonderful. I love the strong aroma of green onion, it's so... special.
Rinse chicken legs well and marinate them in the mixture of dark soy sauce and salt.
(1) Heat wok or skillet under high power;
(2) Lay a large bunch of green onion at the bottom of hot wok or skillet;
(3) Lay chicken legs on green onion with skin side down. Chicken skin and green onion are both browned by the fat of chicken, the mixed aroma develops -- smells great!
(4) Turn chicken legs over, let the other side be browned.
(5) Pour marinating sauce into the wok or skillet, sprinkle 2 tbsp of sugar over the skin of legs, cover and let cook for 10 minutes under medium power;
(6) Turn legs over, cook for another 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 F;
(7) Increase heat to medium high, condense sauce until legs are evenly covered with thick sauce and only clear oil can be seen left in the wok or skillet;
(8) Drain fat from legs and transfer cooked legs to plate.
Believe it or not, the taste of "dark onion" is also amazing.