As we know, soy sauce is made from soybean. In my eyes, cooking soybeans in soy sauce is a warm hug of parents and children. My granny used to make this snack in winter. We watched soccer games and grabbed this tasty and chewy snack, what a happy time!
It is very easy to make this snack, all the ingredients can be found in local supermarket or the store like Bulk Barn. One important thing required is patience LOL.
Here is the recipe:
(1) Soak 2/3 cup dry soybeans (uncooked) in water for at least 12 hours;
(2) Drain soybeans and pour them into a 1 qt. pot, add 2 tbsp light soy sauce, 2 tbsp dark soy sauce, 5 tbsp brown sugar and 1 star anise;
(3) Add some water just over soy beans;
(4) Heat under high power to bring it boil, remove foam and then reduce heat to medium-low, simmer for 1 hour or until soy beans are cooked through;
(5) Switch to medium-high power again, fully condense the sauce (there should be no liquid left in the pot).
This kind of soybean is a good mate for porridge too.