Pages

2008-11-10

Gâteau au chocolat

Gâteau au chocolat

My first French sentences include: "J'adore le chocolat", "Je veux du chocolat".

I know, I know, "French woman don't get fat". But for me, I have to think about the serious result after biting a chocolate cake.

Well, a party! That's what I would like to hear, and sure, it is time to do something -- make people happy, and give myself a chance to enjoy the aroma from the melting chocolate and butter.

There are tons of recipes or recettes posted on the internet for Gâteau au chocolat, mine is mostly based on http://www.lesfoodies.com/adeline/recette/gateau-au-chocolat-noir, but I did some changes.

Here are my procedures:

(1) In a double boiler, put 200g dark cholocate and 125 g unsalted butter in the upper pot, heat under medium power, stir until the mixture is smooth and silky;

(2) Remove the upper pot from heat, let cool to room temperature;

(3) Line springform pan (9') with parchment paper;

(4) Beat 4 yolks with 200g (minus 1 tbsp) sugar until it turns white in color and becomes very thick;then whisk in chocolate mixture;and mix 100 g sifted cake flour, one tbsp at a time, until the batter is very smooth;

(5) Beat 4 egg whites with a pinch salt and then 1 tbsp sugar, until stiff peaks form;

(6) Preheat oven to 350 F;

(7) Fold 1/3 egg white into cholocate mixture and then gently fold in the remaining whites;

(8) Pour batter into prepared pan, bake at 350 F for 30 minutes;

(9) Let cool with pan on rack;

(10) Unmold and decorate with icing sugar.


Feel it, the chocolate is melting on the tongue, mmmm.


And, an orange pound cake made by Andrew:


Orange pound cake 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails