Pages

2009-10-11

Baked glutinous rice cake

It is a famous saying that the moon one day after the Mid-autumn Festival is even rounder. Unfortunately, it was a rainy day. I shot the moon on the next day, it seems that the moon was still pretty round:

Moon_two days after the midautumn festival

As a 24W6D's pregnant woman, I just feel lazy and haven't touched my baking pans for almost six months. Even when the traditional Chinese Mid-autumn Festival arrived, I didn't find enough passion to make moon-cake.

When rearranging my kitchen, I found a package of glutinous rice flour which my hubby brought from China this April. Well, maybe, I should start to do something? Deal! Let me bake a glutinous rice cake. If the glutinous rice flour is available, this cake is incredibly easy to prepare. In North America, this kind of flour can be bought in oriental stores, the package is like (be very careful and check the long name word by word, because there is another rice flour with the similar appearance):

glutinous rice powder commercial package

In a mixing bowl, well blend glutinous rice flour 500 g (1 lb is okay), 1 tbsp baking powder, 3/4 cup vegetable oil, 3 egg, 2 1/2 cup milk (I use 2% milk), 1 cup sugar. Lightly grease a 9 inch baking pan and then pour in the batter, bake under a preheated oven (375F) for 1 1/2 hours (or until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean). I personally like to bake only half of the ingredients in the same size baking pan (around 45 minutes), which brings a thin cake and tastes more fantastic. Different nuts can be sprinkled on the top of the batter to create nutty aroma.

Baked sticky rice cake

Happy thanks-giving!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails