In most recipes, water roux starter is recommended. But here, I choose an ordinary way to make the loaf -- simple procedure with fantastic result.
1. Heat 50 cc milk in microwave oven for 15s and then add 1 tsp active dry yeast into the warm milk. Let it stand for about 5 min to form a foamy solution.
2. Combine 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 1/4 cup cake flour, 1/3 cup sugar, a pinch of salt, 1 beaten whole egg, 1/3 cup whipping cream, yeast solution and 140 cc milk.
3. Knead the dough -- stretch the dough, if a thin elastic film forms and in the end, the broken hole has zigzag edge, the dough is fully developed. (This is the most important step.)
4. Cover the dough ball with damp cloth or wrap it in plastic wrap; and let it rise at a warm place for at least 1 hour, until doubled in bulk. Flour your pointer and pink it into the dough, if the hole does not rebound, the first fermentation finishes.
5. Gently knead the dough to press out the carbon-dioxide and divide it into four portions. Round each portion and cover with damp cloth, let them stand for 20 min.
6. Press each portion and roll into rectangle, fold it into thirds, overlapping them to the center, roll the dough down firmly into a 30-cm long strip. Starting at a short end, roll up dough lightly, and pinch together along crease. Roll the dough back and forth to make it cylindrical, and pinch the ends together. Transfer the four doughs to a greased loaf pan (14*23 cm2, 1.5 L). Cover the dough and let it rise at a warm place until doubled in bulk.
7. Preheat oven to 375F (An oven thermometer is recommended to monitor the temperature).
8. Brush the dough with a glaze of whole egg.
9. Bake for 30 minutes and unmold immediately.
10. Let it cool on the rack until the inner temperature is 38-42 C.
It tastes so tender and you can feel it melting on the tongue, with the pleasant smell of cream.